Membership at Sunshine Coast Libraries is free and open to everyone.
- Library members can borrow up to 50 items for three weeks.
- Items can be renewed twice, providing the item has not been requested by another customer.
- Items can be reserved from any location. You will be notified when your reservation is ready for collection.
- Purchase or interlibrary loan requests can be made for items not held by the library.
Children under 16 will need a parent or adult to become a member. No ID is required to join.
Using the library service
- Members are responsible for all items issued on their card.
- An adult member must be linked to a membership of a child under 16. The adult is responsible for items borrowed on the child’s card, including the selection and care of items.
- If your card is lost or stolen contact libraries as soon as possible.
- Update the library of any changes to your or your child’s contact details.
- Library items are used at the member’s own risk. Sunshine Coast Libraries is not responsible for any damage to computers or other personal items resulting from the use of library items.
- Return or renew items by the due date. If an item is 28 days overdue, charges will be applied to your account. Charges will be removed as soon as the item is returned.
- Items should be returned in reasonable condition. Members are liable for the cost of damaged or lost items plus a $5 processing fee. Replacement items cannot be accepted as an alternative to paying the charge. No refund will be given if lost items are found.
Find out more about Libraries including conditions of entry, privacy and our customer charter.