Home library volunteer
Support the library service by ensuring that members unable to visit the library receive materials on a regular basis
Home Library Service volunteers support Sunshine Coast Libraries by assisting borrowers who are unable to visit their local library due to illness, disability or limited mobility.
The Home Library Service is a free service available for community members who would like assistance bringing the benefits of the library into their home. The Home Library Service Coordinator connects and supports volunteers and borrowers using the service.
Home Library Service volunteers play an important role by:
• selecting and borrowing library items based on the preferences of the borrower
• delivering items
• collecting items and returning them to the library.
Home Library Service volunteers need to:
• have good communication skills and enjoy social interaction
• have empathy for disability, age, infirmity and illness
• have integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• be reliable and have their own transport
• have the physical fitness and ability to undertake safe manual handling practices
• be available to work approximately two (2) hours per delivery period.
It is a requirement for a Home Library Service volunteer to sign and submit a Consent to Check National Police Records and Advise a Third Party form as part of the volunteer process.
To find out more about the home library service, contact Libraries or register your interest to volunteer.