Readers group volunteer
Help library members continue to enjoy reading when their independence has been temporarily or permanently limited
Readers Group Volunteers support Sunshine Coast Libraries by ensuring library members with limited ability to read independently can share in the joy of reading.
The Readers Group Volunteer, through consultation with the Readers Group Coordinator, has the following responsibilities:
- select material to read to clients based on their preferences
- read to a client/s on a regular basis.
A Readers Group Volunteer should be prepared to volunteer for approximately one hour per week and will need to have:
- empathy for persons with limited ability to read independently
- reliability and integrity
- ability to maintain confidentialities
- good communication skills
- own transport
It is a pre-requisite of the position to undertake and successfully comply with a QPS Consent to Police Check.
For more information, contact the Library Supervisor at your local library or register your interest to volunteer.