Technology Help Volunteers provide personalised one-on-one technology assistance to library members. Volunteers help library members looking for information within the volunteer’s skill set and field of understanding.
A Technology Help Volunteer may be asked to:
- explain and assist in the implementation of a new program or platform
- develop the understanding of a user to better operate the device they own
- assist in the discovery of hardware or software
- advise a library member of available resources, such as eBooks, and assist them in their use.
Technology Help Volunteers will need:
- skills and expertise in Mac, Windows, Android and iOS across desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- good communication and motivational skills
- patience and empathy
- enjoy social interaction
- commit to an agreed session schedule with reasonable notice for absences
- volunteer approximately three(3) hours per week.
For more information contact the Library Supervisor at your local library.