Family history volunteer
Provide the library community with assistance in using family history resources and with their personal research
Family History Volunteers support Sunshine Coast Library by providing assistance with family history resources and research.
Assistance is provided where the main collections are held at Sunshine Coast Library buildings located at:
The Family History Volunteer has a valuable role in the delivery of library services and is encouraged to:
- help members use library and online resources to research their family history
- provide advice on various aspects of family history research.
A Family History Volunteer should be prepared to volunteer for between three and six hours per week and will need to have:
- a broad knowledge of family history resources and processes
- passion for family history research
- good communication skills
- good listening skills
- reliability and integrity
- an ability to maintain confidentiality.
For more information, contact the Library Supervisor at the your local library or register your interest to volunteer.