The Heritage Library provides answers about Sunshine Coast people, places, parks and road names, house histories, school talks, tours and more. Specialist research assistance is available at the Heritage Library located on the first floor of Nambour Library.
The main Heritage collection is at Nambour library. Smaller collections, relevant to specific areas, can be accessed at Beerwah, Caloundra, Coolum, Kawana, Kenilworth, Maleny and Maroochydore libraries.
What the Heritage Library can help you with
- Picture Sunshine Coast – a collection of over 10,000 historical photographs.
- Resources across the Sunshine Coast including books, maps, brochures, pamphlets.
- Nambour Chronicle – the main newspaper for the Sunshine Coast from 1903-1983.
- Oral Histories – truly engaging stories of life in the past.
- History by locality – local histories, place names and historical bibliography.
- Heritage Library also presents films and exhibitions at library branches.
Talks and Tours
Would you like Heritage Library to do a free talk at your school or organisation about the history of the local area? Topics include:
- Sunshine Coast Then and Now 1800s – today
- local pioneers
- military history of the region.
The Heritage Library Volunteer assists staff with the management of the collection housed in the Heritage Library. You will work alongside a small team of employees and volunteers undertaking preventative conservation and collection management.
To find out more contact the Heritage Library or register your interest to volunteer.
Contact the Heritage Library
Phone: (07) 5475 8989 and ask for the Heritage Library.