Learn how to set up compost and worm farm systems and reduce your landfill waste by up to 50 percent. See how an organic recycling system works and pick up some invaluable troubleshooting tips. These sessions are sure to book out fast, so get in quick to book your seat. Presented by EnviroCom Australia as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s Waste 2 Resource program.
|Location||Registration||Date and Time|
||Tuesday 18 October, 10.00–11.30am
||Thursday 20 October, 10.00–11.30am
||Saturday 22 October, 10.00–11.30am
||Wednesday 26 October, 2.00–3.30pm|
||Friday 28 October, 10.00–11.30am|
||Saturday 29 October, 10.00–11.30am|
Free. Registration essential. Limited spaces available per session.
Start on the green path with these composting eBooks:
- No-till intensive vegetable culture: pesticide-free methods for restoring soil and growing nutrient-rich, high yielding crops by Bryan O’Hara
- Urban gardening for dummies by the National Gardening Association
- The Rodale book of composting, newly revised and updated: simple methods to improve your soil, recycle waste, grow healthier plants and create an earth-friendly garden by Grace Gershuny
- Worms eat my garbage: how to set up and maintain a worm composting system: compost food waste, produce fertilizer for houseplants and garden, and educate your kids and family by Mary Appelhof
To get started, download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Warm to worm farming with these eMagazines:
- ABC Organic Gardener
- Wellbeing Organic Garden
- Mother Earth News
- The Gardener
- Sustainable and Waterwise Gardens
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.