Cnr Currie and Bury Streets, Nambour
Telephone: (07) 5475 8989
The main Heritage collection is located within Nambour Library.
Smaller collections, relevant to specific areas, can be accessed at Beerwah, Caloundra, Coolum, Kawana, Kenilworth, Maleny and Maroochydore libraries.
*The Heritage Library is not staffed on Saturday or after 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Wheelchair access to the Heritage Library is available through the mezzanine level staff workroom (access using the external walkway above the Nambour Library entrance).
About the Heritage Library
The Heritage Library provides answers about Sunshine Coast people, places, parks and road names, house histories and more. Specialist research assistance is available.
- Picture Sunshine Coast – a collection of over 17,000 historical photographs.
- Resources across the Sunshine Coast including books, maps, brochures, pamphlets.
- Nambour Chronicle – the main newspaper for the Sunshine Coast from 1903-1983.
- Oral Histories – truly engaging stories of life in the past.
- History by locality – local histories, place names and historical bibliography.
Talks and tours
Would you like Heritage Library to do a free talk at your school or organisation about the history of the local area? Topics include:
- Sunshine Coast Then and Now 1800s – today
- local pioneers
- military history of the region.
Phone: (07) 5475 8989 and ask for the Heritage Library.