With international travel on the backburner, what a great time to get out and explore your own backyard. Australians love to enjoy the great outdoors whether it is five-star glamping or old school basic camping.
What is glamping? It is short for glamourous camping. If the list of camping essentials are mattresses, real coffee and running water then this is for you. Or maybe the great Russell Coight and the Leyland Brothers approach is the way you roll. Off grid, swag, open fire and not a bathroom in sight. Get back to nature!
The Sunshine Coast has a long legacy of fabulous camping spots. Booloumba Creek, Jimna’s Peach Trees and Coochin Creek can make a great family getaway. Camping beachside includes any of the holiday parks close to Caloundra, Golden Beach, Mooloolaba, Maroochydore, Coolum and Mudjimba beaches.
Library members have loaned camping themed items 32,971 times! Find out how to pop a tent like a pro with these camp friendly titles.
Set up camp with these eBooks:
- Campfire Cuisine: Gourmet recipes for the great outdoors by Robin Donovan
- Camping in Comfort: A guide to roughing it with ease and style by Lynn Haney
- The Grey Nomad’s Guidebook by Cindy Gough.
To get started download the ePlatform by Libby and Cloud Library apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Get your gear ready with these eMagazines:
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen to new stories around the campsite with these eAudiobooks:
- The Survivors by Jane Harper
- Trust by Chris Hammer
- All Our Shimmering Skies by Trent Dalton
- The Shepherd’s Hut by Tim Winton
- Gathering Dark by Candice Fox
- The Scorched Earth by Rachael Blok.
To get started, download the BorrowBox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Stream or download eMusic with the top campfire songs your Dad will love:
- Sounds of Then (This is Australia) by GANGgajang
- Down Under by Men at Work
- Khe Sanh by Cold Chisel
- Brother by Matt Corby
- Power and the Passion by Midnight Oil
Get unlimited music streaming and download five tracks per week with Freegal. Download from the Sony catalogue and thousands of smaller labels. Sign in with your library member number and password.
Tune out the kids with these Aussie podcasts:
- 4x4 Earth – The 4WD, Camping, Fishing and Outdoors podcast by James Eling
- Travelling Friends of Aus by Willem and Anneke
- The Betoota Advocate Podcast by The Betoota Advocate
- The Zest is History by Josie and Mel
- Wilosophy by Wil Anderson
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
On the web
Need more camping #inspo? Discover more:
- Camping and caravanning
- Go camping Australia
- Australia's best camping spots
- 11 of Australia's most beautiful secluded campsites
- Parks and forests camping information
- 55 best campfire songs that everyone will love
Love the program? Complete the online survey.