“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.” ― CinderMarissa Meyer is the New York Times-bestselling author of The Lunar Chronicles, The Renegades Trilogy, Heartless, and the Wires & Nerve graphic novels. Marissa holds a Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing from Pacific Lutheran University and a Master's degree in Publishing from Pace University. Marissa enjoys road-tripping and hunting for priceless treasures at antique shops. She's a fan of most things geeky (anime, sci-fi/fantasy, colour-coordinating her bookshelf...) and will take any excuse to put on a costume. She lives in Tacoma, Washington, with her husband and their two daughters.
- One of her first spoken words was “story”.
- Marissa’s favourite toy as an infant was a soft, squishable book.
- Back in the day Marissa Meyer used to cosplay.
- She has completed over forty Sailor Moon fanfics under the penname Alicia Blade.
- Cinder was her first completed novel, though she does have a collection of unfinished ones lying around, too.
- Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest and Heartless were all NaNoWriMo novels.
- Her favourite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
- Marissa has two cats: Calexandria Josephine and Blackland Rockwell III.
- She spent five years as a book editor.
- Marissa has an upcoming YA contemporary novel Instant Karma due out later this year.
- Reserve Marissa’s titles and collect from your local library.
- Read the books on your device. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
- Listen to the stories on your device. Need help setting up your device for eAudiobooks? Watch this video tutorial.
- Visit Marissa’s official website.
- Jump over to the Universe of Marissa Meyer where you will find exclusive background information on Marissa’s books, discussion boards with fellow readers, ultimate book quizzes, character profiles and more!
- Write your own story on NaNoWriMo just like Marissa. Not familiar with NaNoWriMo? It’s a great program that encourages writers to draft a 50,000-word novel during the month of November.
- Listen to The Happy Writer podcast where Marissa interviews authors on how to overcome various obstacles and bring more joy to your writing process.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.