Due to wet weather conditions, the event has been postponed to Saturday 12 September.
Celebrate Seniors Week with Sunshine Coast Libraries at the drive-in to see the classic film To Sir, with Love.
Social distancing measures will be in place with a minimum distance of two metres between each car. Entry is by previously issued email confirmation – and be contactless entry (no cash). Hand sanitiser stations will be available. Under Queensland Government restrictions customers are required to provide their contact details to library staff and to sign in on entry and exit.
BYO food and snacks. There are no rubbish bins on site, be sure to take home what you bring. Popcorn available.
Live music by Nyssa Ray.
|Location||Registration||Date and Time|
$20 per car. Registration and prepayment essential (non-refundable).
Supported by Friends of the Library.
Terms of Entry
Libraries have been working hard to put measures in place to ensure events are as safe as possible.
These measures will only work if everyone works together.
To make the event the safest it can be for you and others, we are asking you to play a role.
Entry is subject to Sunshine Coast Libraries Terms of Entry below:
We need you to
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m with people outside of my immediate group
- Provide contact details to event staff on entry as per the Queensland Government restrictions
- Stay in the vehicle you arrived in
- Cooperate with Sunshine Coast Libraries Event staff directives
- Be aware that the event is cashless
- Practice high-level hand-hygiene using the sanitiser stations provided
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Stay home if you have been overseas or to a COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days or if you have been in contact with someone who has been overseas or to a COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days
- Enter and exit the event site in the vehicle you arrived in
- Use patience to enter and exit the event site
By attending this Sunshine Coast Libraries event you acknowledge your role in helping to successfully carry out the COVID-19 Safe Plan.
For further safety precautions we also encourage the download and use of the Australian Government's COVID-Safe app. More info
By playing your part, you will help ensure we all enjoy a comfortable and safe event experience.
All ticket holders are provided a car-space with a 2-metre spacing between vehicles.
Gatherings are not permitted in alternative vehicles or outside the vehicles.
About the film
To Sir, with Love is a classic 1967 British drama film that deals with social issues in a tough inner city school. It stars Sidney Poitier and features Christian Roberts, Judy Geeson, Suzy Kendall and singer Lulu making her film debut.
Poiter plays Mark Thackery, an out-of-work engineer, who takes up a teaching job at a high school in London's East End. Unaffected by the rowdy students, Mark implements his own brand of discipline in class, forcing the pupils to treat each other with respect and gaining their trust and friendship.
The award-winning film was based on E. R. Braithwaite's 1959 autobiographical novel.