Ever wondered why your gut is the first to go in stressful situations? Find out how stress impacts gut health and what you can do to keep your tum in tip top condition.
Understand how stress creates sugar cravings. Discover the domino effect that stress has on the nervous system, hormones, digestion, metabolism and more. Learn about the stress triggers, and methods to keep calm and relaxed. Enjoy a relaxing meditation with Naturopath and Nutritionist Leela Holland.
Register quick! Limited spaces available per workshop.
|Location||Date and Time||Register|
|Coolum||Monday 22 March, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
|Beerwah||Thursday 25 March, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
|Kawana||Friday 26 March, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
Free. Registration essential.
COVID-19 event information
• Under Queensland Government restrictions, customers must provide their contact details to library staff when entering and exiting the library.
• Customers are required to act on the advice of library staff, observe social distancing and practice good hygiene.
• Customers must be in good health prior to attending the session. If you feel unwell, cancel your registration and do not attend the event.
More information on COVID-19 in Libraries.
It used to be that you would wear the weight of the world on your shoulders. In fact all the stress, worries and anxiety of living appears to go straight to your stomach.
The tummy is considered the second brain. Not only does it have to digest last night’s cheeky Magnum ice cream, but also processes the stress of existing in the 21st century. Stress negatively affects your digestion system which can create abdominal pain, bloating, decreased blood and oxygen flow to the stomach, cramping and all sorts of discomfort.
It is time to take a breath and work on untying your tum for better sleep, improved digestion and deeper relaxation.
Libraries members have borrowed stress related titles 71,870 times and gut health items 12,322 times! If your tummy has timed out, here is a range of helpful titles to get you back on track. #tummyTamer
Tummy tied up? Find out ways to destress with these eBooks:
- The mind-gut connection: how the hidden conversation within our bodies impacts our mood, our choices and our overall health by Dr Emeran Mayer
- When the body says no: the cost of hidden stress by Gabor Mate
- Stress less, accomplish more: meditation for busy minds by Emily Fletcher
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
How to soothe your stomach with these eAudiobooks:
- The burnout solution: 12 weeks to a calmer you by Siobhan Murray
- Gut well soon: a practical guide to a healthier body and a happier mind by Catherine Rogers
To get started download the ePlatform, RBDigital and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these stress/gut health podcasts:
- The gut-brain connection: Dishing Up Nutrition
- Dr Robynne Chutkan: the bloat cure, stress changes your gut bacteria
- How stress affects your gut and autoimmune disease | The Ancestral RDs
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.