Clarify the myths and misconceptions surrounding medicinal cannabis. Join local hemp specialist, Stephen Parka from Cannopathy, for a closer look at the human body’s endocannabinoid system and cellular receptors to find out how it all works.
- Gain a greater understanding of how specific marijuana species, strains and compound structures are being used in modern medicine.
- Find out when medicinal cannabis can be useful and when it should be treated with caution.
- Learn how to properly access clinics that prescribe suitable dosages for each individual patient’s needs.
- Get up to date information on laws and legislation.
Free. Limited spaces available per session. Registration essential.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Coolum||Monday 29 November, 10.00–11.30am
|Coolum||Monday 29 November, 1.00–2.30pm
|Beerwah Community Hall||Tuesday 30 November, 10.00–11.30am
|Beerwah Community Hall
||Tuesday 30 November, 1.00–2.30pm
|Kawana||Friday 3 December, 10.00–11.30am
|Kawana||Friday 3 December, 1.00–2.30pm
|Nambour||Monday 6 December, 10.00–11.30am
|Nambour||Monday 6 December, 1.00–2.30pm
|Caloundra||Wednesday 8 December, 10.00–11.30am
||Wednesday 8 December, 1.00–2.30pm
|Maroochydore||Saturday 11 December, 10.00–11.30am
||Saturday 11 December, 1.00–2.30pm
Stephen has been a keynote speaker at several conferences and as a Subject Matter Expert on ABC radio for his knowledge and balanced understanding of the medicinal cannabis industry.
Running the Cannopathy and Hinterland Healing businesses in Montville for over five years and helping guide those people seeking medicinal cannabis in the right direction has been a pioneering effort.
He has been a 'go to' reference for doctors wanting to service their patients better with medicinal cannabis and assist with the ever changing laws which surround it.
Libraries members have borrowed cannabis related items 1,249 times! Tuck into these top reads.
On the move? Head to the hammock with these eBooks:
- CBD Oil: Everyday secrets: a lifestyle guide to hemp-driven health and wellness by Gretchen Lidicker
- The Medicine: A doctor’s notes by Karen Hitchcock
To get started, download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Find out more with these green eMagazines:
- Green Entrepreneur
- High Times.
Get more information with these free podcasts:
- Medical cannabis with Professor Adrian Reynolds | Medical Journal of Australia
- Medical Cannabinoids | Pain Management podcast
- Prescribing medicinal cannabis | Australian Prescriber.
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.