Library programs and events are extremely important to our community. In response to the COVID-19 situation and to minimise health risks to our community, all programs and events will be postponed until further notice. Refunds will be made for those attending paid events.
Becoming a better singer
Join vocal coach and award-winning songwriter Cheryl-lee Garnett for a fun and uplifting experience not to be missed. In this 5 week series, step through basic singing exercises that work on aspects such as breathing, vocal range, projection, pitch-matching and more. Gain confidence and be part of a feel-good, community activity. Experience the joys and benefits of group singing with popular songs in a judgement-free space.
- Week 1. Breathing – Breath provides control, sound quality, light and shade. Bring a pillow and a book (any book).
- Week 2. Warm-up techniques – Like any muscle in the body needs to be warmed up in order to use it.
- Week 3. Scales – Learn to pitch the note correctly each time.
- Week 4. Control – Discover how the anatomy of the body is used for singing/control.
- Week 5. Vibration – Find out about the highness and lowness of a tone.
To secure your place, register for each session of the series individually. It is not mandatory to register for all five sessions, however it is most beneficial as each session contains different learnings.
Free. Registration essential.
View the workshop and event terms and conditions.