"I believe books inspire the imagination, imagination births creativity and creativity changes the world." – Matt Stanton
Matt Stanton is a bestselling children’s author and illustrator, with more than half a million books sold worldwide. He is the co-creator of several bestselling picture books, including the mega-hits There Is a Monster Under My Bed Who Farts, and This Is a Ball.
Matt launched his much-anticipated middle-grade series, Funny Kid, around the world in 2017. The first book in the series, Funny Kid for President, debuted as the #1 Australian kids’ book, and the series is fast winning legions of fans around the world. He lives in Sydney with his wife, bestselling picture book creator Beck Stanton, and their three young children.
Fun facts about Matt
- Matt created his first story when he was five.
- His favourite book to read is Fantastic Mr Fox!
- Matt is ridiculously good at claw machines.
- His favourite food is mangoes and he even grows them in his backyard.
- Matt runs a company called Imaginum with his wife, bestselling author Beck Stanton, and launches about two new book series every year.
- He does all of his drawing and writing digitally.
- Matt wants all kids to have fun reading, it’s part of why he loves writing books.
- Matt has a cat called Audrey.
- He has now put 1 million funny books into the hands of kids.
- Reserve Matt Stanton's titles and collect from your local library.
- Read the books on your device. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
- Listen to the stories on your device. Need help setting up your device for eAudiobooks? Watch this video tutorial.
On the web
- Visit Matt Stanton’s official website.
- Try the Funny Kid Peeking Duck game of hide and seek.
- Download these printable colouring and activity sheets and get cracking.
- Check out his Youtube channel for funny drawings, storytime, writing tips and behind the scenes clips from his studio.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.