Some of the hardest working organs in your body often need a little love. Join Evelyn Chang, accredited Dietitian with a PhD in Medical Sciences to discover the roles and functions of your kidneys.
- Learn about the different methods for good kidney health and what kind of diet can support them.
- Find out about some preventative tips that could help your kidneys stay in tip top shape.
- Enjoy interactive activities and take home a goodie pack.
|Library||Date and Time||Registration|
|Nambour||Monday 8 November, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
|Caloundra||Wednesday 10 November, 10.00–11.30am
|Maroochydore||Friday 12 November, 10.00–11.30am
Free. Limited spaces available per session. Registration essential.
A delicious top book title for your kidneys:
- Smoothies for Kidney Health: A delicious approach to the prevention and management of kidney problems and so much more by Victoria L. Hulett, JD and Jennifer L. Waybright, RN.
You can reserve these and so much more on the Sunshine Coast Libraries app. With the myLibrary app, Libraries are always open. You have fast access to your member account, loans and reservations. It is like a digital library card in your pocket.
On the move? Download this title on eBooks:
- No More Kidney Stones: The experts tell you all you need to know about prevention and treatment by John S. Rodman, MD
To get started, download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these podcast episodes:
- Hot Topics in Kidney Health | National Kidney Foundation
- Nutrition for Healthy Kidney Function: Plant Proof Podcast | Evidence based nutrition with Simon Hill
- The Best Foods to Eat for Good Kidney Health: 7 Good Minutes Daily Self-Improvement | Apple Podcasts
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.