Celebrate Seniors Month in October with Sunshine Coast Libraries. Break out the leg warmers and deck chairs to take a trip down memory lane with the M rated all-time classic dance film Footloose.
Footloose is a 1984 American musical drama film directed by Herbert Ross. It tells the story of Ren McCormack (Kevin Bacon), a teenager from Chicago who moves to a small town, where he attempts to overturn the ban on dancing instituted by the efforts of a local minister. The film stars Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer well as Sarah Jessica Parker, Chris Penn and John Lithgow in supporting roles.
The film features an outstanding soundtrack with tracks by Kenny Loggins, Bonnie Tyler, Sammy Hagar, Australian rock band Moving Pictures and more. The song Footloose was nominated for an Academy Award in 1985 and is a firm favourite around the world.
- Social distancing measures will be in place and hand sanitiser stations available.
- Face masks to be worn if you are unable to physically distance.
- BYO food and snacks. Alternatively, the Stadium canteen kitchen will be open for food purchases.
- Bring along a picnic blanket, chair or cushion to sit on.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Sunshine Coast Stadium||Saturday 16 October, 5.30pm for a 6.30pm start||Register|
$10 per person - complimentary popcorn provided. Registration essential. No refunds provided unless the event is cancelled by Libraries.
Parking restrictions apply throughout Bokarina. Parking on nature strips, areas of open space and parkland is not permitted and fines of up to $375 may be issued per vehicle parked illegally. Be considerate of residents by not parking across driveways.
Park and walk
- Take the opportunity to park around Lake Kawana and walk along the scenic path to the venue
- Parking is available at various location around the Lake with walking paths to Sunshine Coast Stadium
- Onsite car parking is free and is available until full
- These areas will be clearly marked so customers are aware of where they are located
- Uber is available on the Sunshine Coast to help you get to and from the Sunshine Coast Stadium
- You will need to have the Uber app activated on the Smartphone in order to use this service
Libraries members have borrowed dance themed titles 90,815 times! Time to hit the floor and break out those moves.
- Footloose by Kenny Loggins
- Let’s hear it for the boy by Denice Williams
- Holding out for a hero by Bonnie Tyler
- Never by Moving Pictures
- Somebody’s eyes by Kara Bonoff
- Dancing in the sheets by Shalamar
- I’m free by Kenny Loggins
- Almost paradise by Mike Reno
Cannot make it? Reserve the DVD to enjoy at home: