Learn how to set up compost and worm farm systems and reduce your landfill waste by up to 50 percent. See how an organic recycling system works and pick up some invaluable troubleshooting tips.
These sessions are sure to book out fast, so get in quick to book your seat. Presented by EnviroCom Australia as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s Waste 2 Resource program.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Coolum||Monday 31 May, 10.00–11.30am
|Beerwah Community Hall||Tuesday 1 June, 10.00–11.30am
|Kawana||Friday 4 June, 10.00–11.30am
|Nambour||Monday 14 June, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
|Caloundra||Wednesday 16 June, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
|Maroochydore||Friday 18 June, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
Free. Registration essential.
COVID-19 event information
• Under Queensland Government restrictions, customers must provide their contact details to library staff when entering the library.
• Customers are required to act on the advice of library staff, observe social distancing and practice good hygiene.
• Customers must be in good health prior to attending the session. If you feel unwell, cancel your registration and do not attend the event.
More information on COVID-19 in Libraries.
Discover more about composting and worm farms
Join in the World Environment Day Festival 2021 Program. The festival will be run over the month of June 2021 with a program of small, bespoke events run across the region in partnership with environment groups, artists, musicians and Sunshine Coast Council.
Libraries members have borrowed combined composting and worm farming titles 5,539 times! Time to break out the Bokashi bin and dig into these top titles.
Start on the green path with these composting eBooks:
- No-till intensive vegetable culture: pesticide-free methods for restoring soil and growing nutrient-rich, high yielding crops by Bryan O’Hara
- Urban gardening for dummies by the National Gardening Association
- The Rodale book of composting, newly revised and updated: simple methods to improve your soil, recycle waste, grow healthier plants and create an earth-friendly garden by Grace Gershuny
- Gardening for dummies: growing your own fruit and veg, composting and storing and preserving garden produce for dummies by Geoff Stebbing
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Warm to worm farming with these eMagazines:
- ABC Organic Gardener
- Wellbeing Organic Garden
- Mother Earth News
- The Gardener
- Sustainable and Waterwise Gardens
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these worm farm and composting podcasts:
- We Drink and Farm Things: Composting with worms
- The Urban Farm Podcast: Zach Brooks on sustainablity and worms
- How Do You Do That?: Worm farming with Richard Thomas
- The Community Composting Podcast
- Regenerative Agriculture: Resilient agriculture models for the future with Joel Salatin
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.