Back by popular demand! Learn how to set up compost and worm farm systems and reduce your landfill waste by up to 50 percent. See how an organic recycling system works and pick up some invaluable troubleshooting tips.
These sessions are sure to book out fast, so get in quick to book your seat. Presented by EnviroCom Australia as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s Waste 2 Resource program.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Coolum||Monday 6 September, 10.00–11.30am
|Beerwah Community Hall||Tuesday 7 September, 10.00–11.30am
|Kawana||Friday 10 September, 10.00–11.30am
|Nambour||Monday 13 September, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
|Caloundra||Wednesday 15 September, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
|Maroochydore||Friday 17 September, 10.00–11.30am||Register|
Free. Registration essential.
Discover more about composting and worm farms
Libraries members have borrowed combined composting and worm farming titles 5,539 times! Time to break out the Bokashi bin and dig into these top titles.
Start on the green path with these composting eBooks:
- No-till intensive vegetable culture: pesticide-free methods for restoring soil and growing nutrient-rich, high yielding crops by Bryan O’Hara
- Urban gardening for dummies by the National Gardening Association
- The Rodale book of composting, newly revised and updated: simple methods to improve your soil, recycle waste, grow healthier plants and create an earth-friendly garden by Grace Gershuny
- Gardening for dummies: growing your own fruit and veg, composting and storing and preserving garden produce for dummies by Geoff Stebbing
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Warm to worm farming with these eMagazines:
- ABC Organic Gardener
- Wellbeing Organic Garden
- Mother Earth News
- The Gardener
- Sustainable and Waterwise Gardens
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these worm farm and composting podcasts:
- We Drink and Farm Things: Composting with worms
- The Urban Farm Podcast: Zach Brooks on sustainablity and worms
- How Do You Do That?: Worm farming with Richard Thomas
- The Community Composting Podcast
- Regenerative Agriculture: Resilient agriculture models for the future with Joel Salatin
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.