A bully can only make you feel bad about yourself if you let them - David Walliams
A natural heir to Roald Dahl, David Walliams is undoubtedly one of the world’s most talented and laugh-aloud-funny children’s authors. David is best-known for his novels for children including Mr Stink, Billionaire Boy and Awful Auntie. He has also written a number of picture books including The Slightly Annoying Elephant, working with two of Britain’s most talented illustrators, Quentin Blake and Tony Ross.
With more books on the horizon, it is clear that David is far from short of new ideas. Dahl wrote 17 novels for children in his lifetime and David Walliams could overtake him!
- His real name is David Williams. He changed his stage name to David Walliams when he joined college Equity, as there was already a member named David Williams.
- David is a comedian, actor and author.
- David says he was always last in the school cross country runs.
- He is the biggest selling children’s author to have started writing since the year 2000.
- David’s books have been translated into 53 languages.
- David has been a judge on Britain’s Got Talent.
- David swam the English Channel in 2006. It took him 10 hours and 34 minutes to swim the 35 km stretch of sea, equivalent to 700 lengths of an Olympic-size swimming pool.
- He once saved a dog from drowning in the river Thames.
- David landed the role of voice trumpet in the reboot of Teletubbies.
- David was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2017.
- Reserve David’s titles and collect from your local library.
- Read the books on your device. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
- Listen to the stories on your device. Need help setting up your device for eAudiobooks? Watch this video tutorial.
On the web
- The world of David Walliams Explore the funnies behind the stories.
- Free fun activities alert! Roll up, roll up, get your free downloadable activities and resources.
- Elevenses. Keep busy with these daily audio treats, perfect for tea-and-biscuit breaks.
- Giant Walliams Quiz Sharpen your pencils and sharpen your wits! Here is the great big world of David Walliams Quiz!
- David the judge Watch episodes of Britain’s Got Talent with David in the judging seat.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.