Experience how laughter can be the best medicine with Po Mei Kwong. Laughter Yoga is the combination of laughter exercises, gentle breathing techniques and acupressure clapping. Learn tips to reduce stress and boost your immune system. Come and have fun in a social setting and enjoy the benefits of a good giggle.
*Laughter Circle will be held outside the library. In the event of bad weather, these workshops will be held inside.
Stay SunSmart and BYO hat, water bottle and sunscreen.
|Location||Registration||Date and Time|
||Monday 17 October, 10.00–11.30am|
||Register||Wednesday 19 October, 10.00–11.30am
||Thursday 20 October, 10.00–11.30am
||Saturday 22 October, 10.00–11.30am|
||Friday 28 October, 10.00–11.30am
||Saturday 29 October, 10.00–11.30am
Free. Registration essential.
View the program and event terms and conditions.
Download these free eBooks
- Mindfulness for dummies by Shamash Alidina
- The art of taking it easy: how to cope with bears, traffic and the rest of life’s stressors by Brian King
- Feel better in 5: your daily plan to feel great for life by Rangan Chatterjee
- When the body says no: the cost of hidden stress by Gabor Mate
- Body by James Davies
- Think like a monk: the secret of how to harness the power of positivity and be happy now by Jay Shetty
To get started download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Listen anywhere, anytime with eAudiobooks
- Find your light: learning to accept and embrace yourself by Olivia Molly Rogers
- How to feel good in difficult times: simple strategies to help you survive and thrive by Gael Lindenfield
- Change your thinking to change your life: a practical guide to finding your purpose by Kate James
- Ten times happier: how to let go of what’s holding you back by Owen O’Kane
To get started, download the Borrowbox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Libraries love these eMagazines:
- Women’s Health Australia
- Project Calm
- Men’s Health Australia
- Prevention magazine Australia
- The power of optimism
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Gale Health and Wellness
Articles, videos and news on over 300 health related topics including meditation and yoga videos. For quality, balanced and reliable health information Gale Health and Wellness provides a wealth of information on current health issues and topics. Sign into the State Library of Queensland.