Warm, winter meals are perfect for cooler weather and nights in on the couch. Who does not look forward to months of warm pies, casseroles, soup, pastries and other baked delights?
Slow-cooked or one pot hearty meals fill up the family and can satisfy those rumbling tummies. Are you feeling stuck in-a-rut cooking the same meals over and over? Now is a great time to unleash your inner Nigella or Jamie and roll out some new recipes.
Library members have loaned food themed items 272,235 times! Find out how to cook up a storm at home with these comfort food recipes.
Break out the apron and get cooking with these eBooks:
- Ultimate slow cooker: the best of the best recipes from Australia’s #1 food site by Taste
- The vegan instant pot cookbook: wholesome, indulgent plant-based recipes by Nisha Vora
- The pie maker by Sophie Young
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Set the oven timer and kick back with these eMagazines:
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen anywhere, anytime to new food titles with these eAudiobooks:
- Keto Bread: 50 easy-to-follow low carb recipes for your ketogenic diet by Sarah Meyers
- Hungry by Jeff Gordinier
- My Last Supper by Jay Rayner
- On Eating Meat: the truth about its production and the ethics of eating it by Matthew Evans.
To get started, download the BorrowBox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Take a night off the pots and pans with these cooking DVDs:
- Simply Nigella
- Jamie’s Super Food
- Get Krack!n with Kate McLennan and Kate McCartney
- Donna Hay: Basics to brilliance
- Ready Steady Cook. Winter recipes
- River Cottage Australia. Season 3.
Work up an appetite listening to these Aussie podcasts:
- Dish – Kate Gibbs
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being Hungry – with Lee Tran Lam
- Dirty Linen – with Dani Valent
- Eat Eat Eat – A food podcast with Brian and Tim.
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
On the web
Find out what everyone else is cooking:
- Winter meals 60 recipes we can’t stop cooking | delicious.com.au
- 75 beyond easy winter dinners that will keep you warm and cosy | delish.com
- Nigella shares her #7favouritecomfortfoods | goodfood.com.au
- 34 winter warmer recipes from Jamie Oliver | delicious.com.au
Love the program? Complete the online survey.