Spending more time at home has made it easy to see the last 10 years of homeware and décor choices.
Who bought that 1982 chair? Could someone please explain the wallpaper?
There has been a real uptake in budget-based interior renovation and upcycling is one of them. Upcycling is a great way to renovate with flair and little to no dollars. It is rewarding to take something tired or dated and breathe new life into it. Who does not love the optimism of a cost-effective DIY makeover?
Top 4 reasons
Top reasons why upcycling is the best way to transform your décor:
- Ecofriendly and saves landfill
- Celebrates old-school craftsmanship and your own creativity
- Cheaper than buying new products
- Delivers one-of-a kind pieces in your home
Upcycling online project inspiration:
- Cheese platter shelves
- Shirt cushions
- Guitar bars
- Surfboard towel racks
- Shutter notice boards.
- Mandala stencilled furniture
Try adding one or two stunning upcycled pieces to your favourite room.
Interested? Get started now #DIYforDays
A new-look life is just around the corner.
Reserve these hands-on upcycling documentaries:
- Kirstie's homemade home
- American pickers - Raiders of the lost pick
- The Hairy Bikers - Restoration road trip
Download these eMagazines for upcycled inspiration:
- 50+ Decorating Ideas
- Home & Decor: Renovate
- Old House Journal
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Get streaming bee movies with eMovies:
- Tyres - defunct tires are transformed from their original shape and are reborn into new objects.
- Reclaiming old wood - a Texas Wood facility reclaims, refurbishes and resells old wood.
To set up a Kanopy account to stream more films and documentaries for free. First-time customer - select Add Library Card and enter your member number and password.
More on the web
Find more on the web with these upcycle ideas:
- Upcycling ideas to transform your old stuff
- Upcycling: on trend
- 185 upcycling ideas that will turn your trash into treasures
Love the program? Complete the online survey.