With Australia’s borders closed to most international destinations now is a great time to travel locally and discover your own backyard.
Australia is a diverse destination boasting beautiful coastal beaches, the outback, cosmopolitan cities and winter snowfields. It does not matter if you prefer five-star hotels, caravan parks with all the family amenities, or simply popping a tent and sleeping under the stars. There are a multitude of great travel destinations right here in our very own country.
Library members have loaned Australian travel themed items 38,805 times! Find out how to discover this great southern land with these travel friendly titles.
Libraries love these eBooks:
- Marcia Langton: Welcome to Country: A travel guide to Indigenous Australia by Marcia Langton
- 4WD Australia: The best short getaways by Linda Lee Rathbun
- Caravan Survival Guide by John Basham
- The Grey Nomad’s Guidebook by Cindy Gough
- Australia by iMinds
To get started download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Libraries love these eMagazines:
- Camper Trailer Australia
- Australian Traveller
- 4x4 Magazine Australia
- Caravan World
- Gourmet Traveller.
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen anywhere, anytime with eAudiobooks:
- Loving Country: A guide to sacred Australia by Bruce Pascoe
- Still Travelling: My life as a Leyland Brother and beyond by Mal Leyland
- The Natural Navigator by Tristan Gooley
- Terra Incognita: Travels in Antarctica by Sara Wheeler
- Back Roads by Heather Ewart.
To get started, download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Stream travel eMovies on Beamafilm:
- The Kimberley Cruise – travel by boat from Broome to Darwin along the Top End.
- The Indian Pacific – documentary exploring train travel from Perth to Sydney on Australia’s longest train journey.
- Rough Stuff – a pair of treasure hunters and a couple of activist’s journey across Australia.
First time customer – Select Add Library Card and enter your member number and password. Create a Beamafilm account, then verify your email address.
Listen on the go with these travel podcasts:
- Traveller Podcast
- The Thoughtful Travel Podcast with Amanda Kendle
- The Family Travel Podcast | A Big Peachey Adventure.
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
On the web
Need inspiration for your next trip?
- Visit Sunshine Coast
- Welcome to Queensland
- Tourism Australia
- Queensland border restrictions | Queensland Government
Love the program? Complete the online survey.