Think tiny house living could be for you? Take a look at this stunning modern tiny house in Queensland!
The tiny house movement has grown into a worldwide phenomenon embraced by people from all walks of life.
Maybe you want to release your inner Hobbit or relive your childhood cubby house days. With the current housing market locking many people out, a tiny house with its smaller initial price and lower running costs begins to look very attractive.
A small house means less cleaning, more savings to pursue interests and oodles of leisure time. There is also the goal of living a more environmentally friendly, authentic life in a cosy space.
Ready to explore tiny house living a little further? Get investigating with the ideas and tools libraries have curated for you:
- Is tiny house living for you? Take a quiz from the folks at Tiny Home Geniuses to find out
- Positives vs negatives – it’s vital to understand them both. Take a look at this article by Tiny Real Estate
- Local tiny house company AussieTinyHouses can provide a glimpse of something locally made
- Costs; what will a tiny house set you back? Read this article from Canstar to get an idea
- Buy, trade, sell or seek land for tiny house living through Tiny Real Estate
- Need visual inspiration? Check out Tiny House by Hangan
- Watch some Tiny House Australia episodes
- The Australian Tiny House Association provides a wealth of information
- For all things tiny house in Australia, view the Australian Tiny House Directory.
Now that you are all amped up for tiny house living, go further with library resources.
Reserve these titles and collect from your local library:
- Small but smart: design solutions for mini homes by Chris van Uffelen
- Downsizing made simple by Rachel Kyla Lane
- 150 best tiny space ideas by Francesc Zamora Mola
- Tiny house: live small, dream big by Brent Heavener
- Small houses: big ideas for today’s small homes by Fine Homebuilding
- Nomad: designing a home for escape and adventure by Emma Reddington
- Living big in a tiny house: exploring small-space design projects from New Zealand and around the world by Bryce Langston
Get inspired with these tiny house eBooks:
- Tiny House Basics by Joshua Engberg
- Micro Living by Derek Diedricksen
- Tiny houses: how to build a tiny house for cheap and live mortgage free for life by John Clark
- Tiny House: beginners guide to minimalist living: building your small home guide by Carson Wyatt
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Browse these eMagazines for tiny house and sustainable living inspired articles:
- Slow living
- Peppermint Magazine
- Mother Earth News
- Grand Designs Australia
- Earth Garden
- Architecture Australia
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Watch these tiny house and sustainable living documentaries on Beamafilm:
First time customers, enter your library member number and create a Beamafilm account. Repeat customers, sign in with your email and your Beamafilm password.
Check out these tiny house podcasts:
Looking for clever design ideas for your tiny house build? Get your notepad out – this video is crammed full of ideas!
Love the program? Complete the online survey.