The future is bright. It is the second time in 22 years that Pantone has selected two colours for its colour of the year. Ultimate Grey and Illuminating, or in layman’s terms, grey and yellow.
Every year at the beginning of December, the Pantone Colour Institute announces the new colour of the year. When selecting the hue, the institute studies colour trends in all aspects of society including fashion, marketing, social media and even politics.
This year's colours will be represented throughout the fashion industry, interior design trends, media and more. It will influence what we see in stores, magazines and marketing.
Get creative and experiment with a new colour when freshening up your walls with a coat of paint, adding some cushions to the couch or even creating your next canvas masterpiece.
Library members have loaned colour themed items 1,299,434 times. Add a splash of colour to your life and get inspired with these great titles.
Let Libraries colour your life with these eBooks:
- Understanding Colour Management by Abhay Sharma
- Furniture Makeovers: simple techniques for transforming furniture with paint, stains, paper, stencils and more by Barb Blair
- Street Art: from around the world by Garry Hunter
- Drawing and designing tattoo art: creating masterful tattoo art from start to finish by Fip Buchanan
- 1000 ideas for graffiti and street art: murals, tags and more from artists around the world by Cristian Campos
To get started, download the ePlatform and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Find out how colour trends can work in your space with these creative eMagazines:
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Stream these amazing art documentaries on Beamafilm:
- Banksy does New York
- Inside out the peoples art project
- Black white and grey
- Martha a picture story
- Namatjira Project
Enter your library member number and create a Beamafilm account. Sign in with your email and your Beamafilm password.
Get some colour tips watching these art and painting DVDs:
Listen on the go with these painting podcasts:
- Dulux Let’s Colour by Marianne Shillingford and Steph King
- The chromatic podcast by Craig Bundren
- Elevate Your Curiosity – Pantone Colour of the year 2021 by Trend Talk with Elizabeth Styles
- Enduringly Optimistic – Pantone Colour of the year 2021 by Savvy Connection
- Pantone 2020 Colour of the year by NonProphets
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
Learn more about how Pantone chose the colours of 2021:
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2021 | Introduction | Pantone.com
- How to include the 2021 Pantone Colours of the year in your home | Vogue Living
- The Wellness Design Considerations of Pantone’s 2021 Colours of the year | Forbes
- Interior designers reveal the best (and worst) ways to use Pantone’s 2021 colours for a picture-perfect living space | Insider
Love the program? Complete the online survey.