Roll off the sofa and onto the yoga mat for a good stretch
Whether you are a beginner or an old hand at practicing yoga, it is a great time to plan a daily stretch session into your self-isolation schedule. Yoga enhances strength, flexibility and coordination as well as creating a calm and centred sense of wellbeing. And it’s fun!
Asana means 'people practicing yoga are engaged in a program of physical postures designed to purify the body and provide the physical strength and stamina required for long periods of meditation.' (source)
Sunshine Coast Libraries members have borrowed yoga related items a massive 26,474 times! While you're on the couch, check out the huge range of yoga eLibrary titles on libraries website. Free access 24/7 with your library card.
Seven Days of Yoga Sessions
Join libraries and Yoga with Adriene for Seven Days of Yoga. Roll out the mat or towel, line up the video and let’s stretch it out together. Note: If you engage in these exercises, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities and assuming all risk of injury to yourself. Practice self-care.
Not a member? Join online to access all the eLibrary content.
Libraries love these Yoga eBooks.
- Body thrive: uplevel your body and your life with 10 habits from Ayurveda and Yoga – Cate Stillman
- Your body, your Yoga – Bernie Clark
- Gently Yoga for arthritis – Laurie Sanford
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramhansa Yogananda
Take these simple eBook steps to access more Yoga books.
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps to your device. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and follow the prompts to register using your member number and password.
Yoga on Freegal
Libraries love access to Yoga content on Freegal.
- Artists -Yoga Tribe, Yoga Awakening, Yoga Music, Yoga Borealis, Namaste Yoga
- Albums - Morning Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Classic Yoga, Yoga Progress, Yoga Rave
- Playlists - Elevation: a Yoga Playlist, Child’s Pose, New Age Horizons, Kundalini Yoga
- Audiobooks - Yoga Workshop, Hatha Yoga for Beginners, The Bad Boy of Yoga, Encounters in Yoga and Zen and Growing Your Lotus.
Unlimited music streaming and five (5) tracks per week. Download from the Sony catalogue and thousands of smaller labels. Sign in with your member number and password.
Libraries love Australian Yoga Journal. Download the RBDigital app for free access.
Listen on the go with these Yoga-related podcasts.
- Adam Hocke Yoga | Yoga Audio Classes Free podcast to support your home practice with short region-specific practices to full-length audio yoga classes recorded live in London. The classes focuses on feet, outer hips, quads and hip flexors, shoulders, core and more.
- Vinyasa Yoga with Nathan Johnson From basics to strong 45 to 90 minutes, you can find the yoga class you want in this free podcast. Recorded live during his Los Angeles classes, Nathan Johns brings together Vinyasa Flow in a practice that is challenging for the body and spirit.
- Yogaland Weekly podcast that focuses on a range of yoga related topics. From how yoga creates self-awareness and good habits, nitty gritty yoga anatomy advice to the simple ways it helps us navigate emotions. Hosted by Andrea Ferretti and Jason Crandell.
- YogabyCandace International Yoga instructor shares yoga tips.
- J.Brown Yoga Talks Candid conversations about yoga and beyond. From yoga philosophy, to the business of yoga.
All podcasts are free and available to listen on: Android - Google Play, Procast, Downcast, Pocket Casts, Player FM and AntennaPod, iOS - Apple Podcasts app, RadioPublic, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Podbean and Stitcher. You can also stream podcasts from Spotify.
Yoga related web articles
For quality, balanced and reliable health information Gale Health and Wellness provides a wealth of information on current health issues and topics. Check out more yoga articles, videos and news on over 300 health related topics including meditation and yoga videos.
- Yoga Journal For 40 years Yoga Journal has been the go-to on yoga lifestyle and practice. Gives top teacher insights and in-depth reporting on accessible asana instruction, anatomy and philosophy lessons, food and nutrition advice, news and trend updates from leading teachers in the field.
- Hatha Yoga Read up on how practicing Hatha can impact physical health and mental well-being incorporating bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama) and meditation (dyana).
Stream Yoga documentaries on Beamafilm
- Awake the Life of Yogananda The man who brought Yoga to the world.
- Radiance Yoga Jessie Chapman, renowned Byron Bay yoga teacher and author, introduces her dynamic yoga practice. Filmed on location on Byron Bay’s stunning beaches. Join Jessie for two 30 minute Vinyasa sessions that deeply stretch, cleanse and tone the whole body.
Set up a Beamafilm account to access more films/documentaries for free. Beamafilm’s library has documentaries and movies with a focus on Australian stories and quality international content. First time customers, enter your member number and create a Beamafilm account. Repeat customers, sign in with your email and your Beamafilm password.
Stream Yoga sessions on Kanopy
- Everyday Yoga Learn poses and routines that will work for you in our 21st century lifestyle.
- Yoga for a Healthy Heart Learn two new breathing exercises together with asanas that include warrior 1, knee-to-chest, and bridge poses.
- Yin Yoga Unwind with yin poses that gently stretch your connective tissues, including tendons, ligaments and fascia.
- Power Yoga Transition to a more aerobic form of yoga using the power of Vinyasa. Enjoy a sequence of poses at an energetic pace. Try a challenging flow to get that body moving.
- Chair Yoga Working from home? Use these fun exercises to perform basic yoga routines to work your whole body – all from the ease and accessibility of a chair.
Set up a Kanopy account to access more films for free. First time customer - select "Add Library Card" and enter your member number and password. Create a Kanopy account, then verify your email address. Repeat customers - login to Kanopy using your email and Kanopy password.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.