So who is the sports mad fan in your house?
Australia is a proud sporting nation and as such generates whole crowds of sports mad fans jostling in the stands, fighting over the radio reception and leaping from their lounge chairs to cheer, protest or engage in some robust referee hectoring!
Yes Aussies love their sports, be it as spectators, players, refs or coaches. Sadly, COVID-19 has interrupted our seasons with many games and events halted or even cancelled completely for the year. But you can dry your tears and find some brilliant ways to stay sports mad during this devastating sporting drought.
- Become a backyard coach for your kids! Sunshine Coast Churches Soccer Association has a series of soccer skills training videos and Sunshine Coast Football has backyard drills and chills videos.
- Dust off your gaming skills and indulge in some sports games on the PS4 or Xbox – play your buddies in a round robin perhaps!
- Go shopping online for some sporting memorabilia to adorn the walls of the man cave.
- Work out what sports streaming service is best for you with the help of finder.com.au
- Relive the highlights from the 2019 NRL season.
- Perfect your Grand Final Day menu.
First time downloading from our eLibrary? Join online. Just enter your details for membership to access thousands of online resources.
Need help accessing the eLibrary? Contact libraries to get immediate and expert help with accessing and using the eLibrary on your device. eLibrary Helpdesk staff will help connect you to your favourite authors, the music you love, great movies to entertain the whole family and a great range of magazines. The eLibrary Helpdesk operates between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Read all about your preferred legend with these sporting eBooks:
- The away game: the epic search for football’s next superstars by Sebastian Abbot
- The Wallabies at war by Greg Growden
- Muhammad Ali: a tribute to the greatest by Thomas Hauser
- The Peter Thomson Five: a golfing legends greatest triumphs by Tony Walker
- Life as I know it by Michelle Payne
- Court confidential: inside the world of tennis by Neil Harman
- Darren Lockyer autobiography by Daren Lockyer
- Peter Brock: road to glory: the amazing story of a legend’s rise to fame by Colin Fulton
- Mr Cricket by Michael Hussey
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started, download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Settle in to the sun lounger or your comfy recliner and wrap your ears around these Sporting eAudiobooks:
- This sporting life by Roy & HG
- The Sydney Hobart yacht race: the story of a sporting icon by Rob Mundle
- Seriously… you have to laugh: great yarns & tall tales from the sporting fields, dressing rooms & commentary boxes of Australia by Peter FitzSimons
- The Hornet: from bullied schoolboy to world champion by Jeff Horn
- No spin by Shane Warne
- Able: gold medals, grand slams & smashing glass ceiling by Dylan Alcott
- Lewis Hamilton: the full story by Mark Hughes
- Michael Clarke: my story by Michael Clarke
Borrow up to 30 eAudiobooks on your device. To get started, download the ePlatform, RBDigital and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Flip through these sports inspired eMagazines for a great article or two:
- Big League Weekly Edition
- Surfing World Magazine
- RIDE Cycling Review
- BlueWater Boats & Sports Fishing
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Stay in the know with these sporting podcasts:
- The Official Fantasy Premier League Podcast
- Game of Codes: Australia’s biggest multi-sport sporting debate
- Great Australian Pods: a podcast directory of Australian sporting podcasts
All podcasts are free and available to listen on: Android - Google Play, Procast, Downcast, Pocket Casts, Player FM and AntennaPod. iOS - Apple Podcasts app, RadioPublic, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Podbean and Stitcher. You can also stream podcasts from Spotify.
Settle in on the couch and watch Black Caviar: the horse of a lifetime on Beamafilm for free!
Beamafilm’s library has documentaries and movies with a focus on Australian stories and quality international content. First time customers, enter your library member number and create a Beamafilm account.
Reserve these sporting books and pick them up from your local library:
- Australian fishing encyclopedia : freshwater & saltwater by Trevor Hawkins
- Baggy green legends : tales of pride, passion & patriotism by Martin Lenehan
- Brock at Bathurst : Peter Brock’s unrivaled racing career at Mount Panorama by Bev Brock
- Church of the open sky by Nat Young
- Gangland : this unsporting life by James Morton
- Leap : making the jump to take netball to the top of the world by Geva Menor
Relive some special moments in Australian sporting history like a true fan!
Love the program? Complete the online survey.