Everyone needs time for some self-care
Let’s face it, we have probably all spent more than enough time in the company of our lovely families/housemates and maybe some of us want to run screaming into the bathroom, slam and lock the door just to get a little space! But what do you do when you get there? Hint: Spa day at home does not involve any cleaning!
Enjoy some tips and tricks to help you out while you wait for businesses to reopen and can finally get an appointment.
Think of what your ideal spa day at home might include: a soak in an oil scented tub with cucumber slices on your eyes. Next comes a cleansing face mask and conditioning hair treatment. how about a pedicure or skin exfoliation? There are plenty of ways to relax and sooth your body at home. So dig out your candles, play some soothing tunes and ready a glass of wine or herbal tea.
- Try these 10 at-home spa treatments.
- Set the scene with these eight ways to create the ultimate spa inspired bathroom.
- Change your look with a natural hair dye.
- Whip up some homemade hair removal wax.
- Pamper your feet with these pedicure tips.
- Tackle your embarrassing eyebrows.
Take a look at the following resources for great ideas on how to kick start your spa day at home.
Not a member? Join online to access all the eLibrary content.
Learn to spa with the help of these great ebooks.
- 101 DIY face masks: fun, healthy, all-natural sheet masks for every skin type by Jennifer McCartney
- EcoBeauty: scrubs, rubs, masks rinses and bath bombs for you and your friends by Lauren Cox
- Handbook of aroma therapy: aromatic oils by Kush Bhargava
- DIY nail art: easy step-by-step instructions for 75 creative nail art designs by Catherine Rodgers
- Fresh & Pure: organically crafted beauty balms and cleansers by Jules Aron
- Natural beauty with coconut oil: 50 home beauty recipes usings nature’s perfect ingredient by Lucy Bee
- Plant-powered beauty: the essential guide to using natural ingredients for health, wellness and personal skincare by Amy Galpner and Christina Daigneault
- Spa apothecary: Natural bath and beauty recipes by Stasie McArthur
- Essential oils for beauty, wellness and the home by Alicia Atkinson
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Spa day eAudiobooks
Listen to some interesting thoughts on beauty through these Audiobooks:
Borrow up to 30 eAudiobooks on your device. To get started, download the: Libby, RBDigital and Bolinda apps to your device. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and follow the prompts to register using your membership number.
Spa day music
Seek out some soothing soundtracks for a spa day groove with Freegal.
Unlimited music streaming and five (5) tracks per week. Download from the Sony catalogue and thousands of smaller labels. Sign in with your member number and password.
Spa day eMagazines
Get inspired to spa with these fantastic eMagazines:
- The Australian Women’s Weekly Food
- Vegetarian Today
- Healthy Food Guide
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.