Queensland is open for business and many people are keen to get back outdoors.
Queensland is open for business and many people are keen to connect with nature and put a little adventure back into life with some fishing, camping and boating time. Queenslanders live in a great state when it comes to these activities. So start planning, get your kit ready, maps out and fuel the car or boat, it is nearly time to go!
Tips and tricks to help you plan
- Make sure you check in with the Queensland Government’s Roadmap to Easing Restrictions to stay COVID-19 compliant.
- Need some fresh ideas on where to camp? Youcamp can show you hundreds of camping spots on private land across Queensland.
- Need to know your tide times? Maritime Safety QLD have you covered.
- What exactly is Glamping? Find out with the folks from Campstay.
- Queensland Parks and Forests offer some great options for camping, fishing and boating
- Make sure you know the recreational fishing rules and obligations for Queensland before you head out.
- Roadcraft can tell you all about 4WD beach driving rules, etiquette and safety.
- Visit Coastwatch for everything you need to know about boating, sailing, fishing, camping and conditions in Queensland.
- Find the best fishing on Queensland Fishing Spots.
Reserve these titles and collect from your local library:
- Camping guide to Queensland
- Make Trax camping Queensland
- 4WD treks close to Brisbane
- Fishing atlas for South East Queensland : navigation & beacon directory
- Australian Fishing encyclopedia : freshwater & saltwater
- Swiss Army knife camping & outdoor survival guide : 101 tips, tricks & uses
- ET’s ultimate fishing adventures
- Survivor kids; get ready for wild Australia
Libraries like these camping, fishing and boating eBooks:
- Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide by Tom Rosenbauer
- Steve Cooper’s Australian fishing guide by Steve Cooper
- 4WD Australia: The best short getaways by Linda Lee Rathbun
- Campfire cuisine by Robin Donovan
- Camping in comfort: a guide to roughing it with ease and style by Lynn Haney
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Listen to these camping, fishing and boating inspired eAudiobooks:
- Great Australian fishing stories by Paul B. Kidd
- Dark skies by L. J Ross
- An open swimmer by Tim Winton
- The fishermen by Chigozie Obioma
You can borrow up to 30 eAudiobooks from each provider at a time for a period of three weeks. To get started, download the BorrowBox, Libby, and RBDigital apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eAudiobooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Soak up your outdoor life with these eMagazines:
- Camper Trailer Australia
- Caravan World
- Bluewater Boats & Sportsfishing
- Caravan and Motorhome On Tour
- Camper Trailer Touring
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Get your fishing with these great Kanopy documentaries:
- Sacred fishing in Entogo
- Below the wind – Fishing in Indonesia
- The vampire fish
- One man’s fight to save the North Atlantic Salmon: Orri Vigfusson
To set up a Kanopy account to access more films for free: First time customer: select "Add Library Card" and enter your member number and password. Create a Kanopy account, then verify your email address. Repeat customers: login to Kanopy using your email and Kanopy password.Fraser Island - World Heritage Area in Queensland