Leave the car at home and explore by bicycle. The Sunshine Coast is full of great cycling opportunities including coastal pathways, trails and mountain biking tracks.
Whether you are cycling to work, school, the shops or just for fun, the humble bicycle is an easy way to get more active. It is a healthy, fun and low-impact form of exercise for all ages. Cycling is also good for the environment!
Fun fact: Did you know the world’s longest bicycle is 41.42 metres long! The record, achieved by Santos and University of South Australia, was set in 2015 in Adelaide.
Take the family for a leisurely sightseeing spin. Want to step it up? Try one of the local mountain biking trails.
Libraries love these eBooks:
- The Art of Cycling by Cadel Evans
- Battle Scars by Stuart O’Grady
- Pedal Power: Inspirational Stories from the World of Cycling by Anna Hughes
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Barrel into these eMagazines:
- Bicycling Australia
- Ultimate Adventure Bike
- Treadlie Magazine
- Bike Maintenance Tips, Tricks & Techniques
To get started reading free eMagazines, download the Libby app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Stream these cycling sessions on Beamafilm:
- Rising from Ashes: A feature length documentary about the first Rwandan national cycling team in their bid to make history and represent their country at the 2012 Olympics.
- All for One: Follows the first five years of the GreenEDGE cycling journey. United by their renegade spirit and a determination to win against substantial odds, these riders take on the international circuit.
First time Beamafilm customer? Enter your library member number and create a Beamafilm account.
Listen on the go with these podcasts :
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
On the web
- Explore Adventure Sunshine Coast for the best local cycling trails.
- Visit Sunshine Coast Council’s cycling webpage for information on leisure cycling, cycling routes, cycling events, cycle safety, getting started and bicycle parking.
- Check out the best cycling routes on the Sunshine Coast according to Queensland.com – from social rides to expert trails.
- More questions about cycling on the Sunshine Coast? Visit Sunshine Coast lists some local bike hire businesses, bike repair shops, bike transport and suggestions to refuel during or after cycling.
- ‘Like’ these Facebook pages for cycling tips and support: Sunshine Coast Cycling Club, I Love Cycling. Over 50? Join the Cycling Past Fifty Facebook group, created for like-minded cyclists that are 50 years or older.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.