Collagen is in the top things trending in 2020 - up there with plant-based meat and online or live-streamed workouts. But what is it and why do you need it?
Collagen is a protein your body makes naturally that takes care of biological functions like muscles, skin and connective tissues. All the stuff that keeps us standing upright.
As we get older, collagen decreases and this can lead to wrinkles and saggy bits. Collagen-rich foods can assist with strengthening nails, hair, bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons. So how do we get more into our diet? Good sources of collagen are chicken, fish, egg whites, citrus fruits, berries, red and yellow vegetables, beans and garlic.
Bone broth is king of collagen, so it’s as simple as firing up the slow cooker - or making your own collagen skin creams in the kitchen.
You can save money by making your own collagen right at home. Come inside the collagen collection to get your glow on.
More natural skincare guides in eBooks:
- Plant-powered beauty: the essential guide to using natural ingredients for health, wellness and personal skincare with 50+ recipes by Amy Galper
- 101 DIY face masks: fun, healthy, all-natural sheet masks for every skin type by Jennifer McCartney
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Bone broth recipes found in these eMagazines:
- Paleo Magazine
- Slow Cooker
To get started using free eMagazines download the Libby app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
On the web
Discover more with these collagen research reads:
- Collagen – What is it and what is it good for? Healthline
- Top 6 benefits of taking collagen supplements
- Collagen: Fountain of youth or edible hoax? WebMD
- A collagen supplement blind study - US National Library of Medicine
Love the program? Complete the online survey.