Did you know that members have loaned 1.8 million items from Sunshine Coast Libraries? You love to tuck into a great read.
In November, Australians of all ages from all walks of life are invited to share and celebrate the joys of reading. Thursday 12 November is Australian Reading Hour. You are invited to stop what you are doing for an hour, pick up a book and read to yourself or the children in your life.
Join in and unwind, get inspired and find joy in books! From islands, blue shores, bushland to red heart – Australia Reads.
Enjoy a virtual YouTube event on Wednesday 11th November 12.30pm AEST to see Judy Nunn, Peter Fitzsimons, Peter Helliar, Michael Robotham, Dervla McTiernan, Tanya Plibersek, Andy Griffiths, Nikki Gemmell, Anita Heiss, Virginia Trioli and more. Subscribe to Australia Reads on YouTube to get involved.
Enjoy what is new in the zoo for you to enjoy during Australia Reads week:
Download these Australian author eBooks anywhere, anytime:
- The Rain Heron by Robbie Arnott
- A Lonely Girl is a Dangerous Thing by Jessie Tu
- The Queen’s Tiger by Peter Watt
- Below Deck by Sophie Hardcastle
- The Mystery Woman by Belinda Alexandra
- Ghosts of the Past by Tony Park
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Listen to these national treasures on the go with eAudiobooks:
- Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape
- 488 Rules for Life: the thankless art of being correct by Kitty Flanagan
- Gathering Dark by Candice Fox
- We Were Never Friends by Margaret Bearman
- The Bass Rock by Evie Wyld
- Sweetness and Light by Liam Pieper
To get started, download the BorrowBox, and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eAudiobooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.