What do all these pantry items have in common? Activated charcoal, rolled oats, Epsom salts, dead sea salt, coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil, raw honey, coffee, cacao butter and apple cider vinegar.
Baking brownies? Yes and no. They are all good for our insides and absolutely brilliant for your face dial. Do not forget the cold teabags on the eyes after a night on the tiles. Natural beauty remedies have been around since the beginning of people. With a resurgence into 'green and clean', chemically-free products, bring nature back to the kitchen.
Find out how to make an oatmeal mask or how cacoa butter works as a hair mask. Discover coffee facial scrubs and that apple cider vinegar can remove product build up from your hair.
Did you know that library members have loaned natural beauty items 16,854 times? You save money, time and the planet – with items from your kitchen cupboard. Tuck into these top picks and plant powered reads.
Plant-based beauty books
Reserve these DIY plant power beauty books:
- Adaptogens: a directory of over 70 healing herbs for energy, stress relief, beauty and overall well-being by Melissa Petitto
- Plant-based beauty: the essential guide to detoxing your beauty routine by Jess Arnaudin
- Plant-powered beauty: the essential guide to using natural ingredients for health, wellness and personal skincare with 50-plus recipes by Amy Galper and Christina Daigneault
Binge these natural beauty eBooks anywhere, anytime:
- 100 DIY Face Masks: fun, healthy, all-natural sheet masks for every skin type by Jennifer McCartney
- Natural beauty with coconut oil: 50 homemade beauty recipes using nature’s perfect ingredient by Lucy Bee
- Plant-powered beauty: the essential guide to using natural ingredients for health, wellness and personal skincare with 50+ recipes by Amy Galper
- Fresh and pure: organically crafted beauty balms and cleansers by Jules Aron
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Free natural health and beauty #inspo without leaving the lounge:
- Australian Natural Health
- Better Nutrition
- The Secrets of Natural Remedies
- Health and Fitness Look Younger Naturally
To get started reading free eMagazines, download the Libby app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
On the web
Looking for more natural beauty tips? See what the top DIY blogs have to say:
- Top 12 ingredients for DIY natural beauty | Honest to Goodness
- 7 easiest natural beauty hacks | GlobeIn
- How to make natural skincare products: a step-by-step guide | Formula Botanica
- 13 best DIY skincare recipes 2020: Homemade skin care | Goodhousekeeping
Love the program? Complete the online survey.