Learn how to make your own fermented pizza
Join the local fermenting legend Elisabeth Fekonia, accredited permaculture teacher from Permaculture Realfood, Friday 26 June, 10am on Facebook to learn how to make fermented pizza.
Be sure to schedule it in the diary and pre-prep your ingredients. Find out how to do all this good stuff – in your very own kitchen!
You will be making:
- Sourdough pizza base
- Fermented bean pate
- Fermented tomato sauce
Follow the full recipes to pre-prep your ingredients to make fabulous fermented pizzas.
Sunshine Coast Libraries members have loaned fermenting foods titles 1,814 times!
Fermenting books at the library
- The probiotic kitchen: more than 100 delectable, natural and supplement-free probiotic and prebiotic recipes by Kelli C. Foster
- Kombucha, kefir and beyond: a fun and flavourful guide to fermenting your own probiotic beverages at home by Alex Lewin
- The farmhouse culture guide to fermenting: crafting live-cultured foods and drinks with 100 recipes from kimchi to kombucha by Kathryn Lukas
- Fermentation revolution: 70 easy, healthy recipes for sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi and more by Sebastien Bureau
First time downloading from our eLibrary? Join online. Just enter your details for membership to access thousands of online resources.
Need help accessing the eLibrary? Contact libraries to get immediate and expert help with accessing and using the eLibrary on your device. eLibrary Helpdesk staff will help connect you to your favourite authors, the music you love, great movies to entertain the whole family and a great range of magazines. The eLibrary Helpdesk operates between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Libraries love these fermenting eBooks:
- Better Homes and Gardens complete canning guide: freezing, preserving and drying
- Can it, bottle it, smoke it: and other kitchen projects by Karen Solomon
- The farm girl’s guide to preserving the harvest: how to can, freeze, dehydrate and ferment your garden’s goodness by Ann Accetta-Scott
- Fermenting foods step-by-step: make your own health-boosting ferments and probiotics by Adam Elabd
- Fermenting for dummies by Marni Wasserman
- Superfoods for life, cultured and fermented beverages: heal digestion, supercharge your immunity, detox your system, 75 delicious recipes by Meg Thompson
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started, download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Check out some food eMagazines:
- Australian Women’s Weekly Food
- Super Food Ideas
- Healthy Food Guide
- Gourmet Traveller
- Vegetarian Today
- Paleo Magazine
- Good Health
- Gluten-Free Living
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these slow cooking related podcasts:
- The Fermentation Adventure: weekly podcast focussing on everything fermented and ‘creating culture’. Topics on high rotation cover techniques, equipment, pickling, permaculture, fermented grains, fruits, beverages and more.
- FermUp: enjoy conversations about the art, science and history of food fermentation. Discover the many DIY ways to ferment common foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, kefir and yogurt.
- The Sourdough Podcast: hear stories behind the bakers, authors, growers, millers, artists and other innovative leaders in the sourdough community.
All podcasts are free and available to listen on: Android - Google Play, Procast, Downcast, Pocket Casts, Player FM and AntennaPod. iOS - Apple Podcasts app, RadioPublic, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Podbean and Stitcher. You can also stream podcasts from Spotify.
Get ready to kitchen rumble with these fermenting friendly tunes from Freegal:
- Ferment by Catherine Wheel
- Kitchen by Mary J. Blige
- Soul Kitchen by David Lee Roth
- Captain Kelly’s Kitchen by Dropkick Murphy’s
- Evening Kitchen by Band of Horses
- Salt Water by Suzanne Vega
- Pickle by Chumbawamba
Get unlimited music streaming and download five tracks per week with Freegal. Download from the Sony catalogue and thousands of smaller labels. Sign in with your library member number and password.
Stream free fermenting related sessions on Kanopy:
- Beer, Mead and the fun of fermentation Explore the links between fermentation of wheat and honey and human civilisation.
- The Gut Microbiome Your body can play host to anywhere from 30 to 50 trillion bacterial cells. Learn how gut microbiota help us metabolise food and drugs and defend against pathogens.
Set up a Kanopy account to access more films for free. First time customer - select "Add Library Card" and enter your member number and password. Create a Kanopy account, then verify your email address. Repeat customers - login to Kanopy using your email and Kanopy password.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.