Join in a fermented condiments session
Join the local fermenting legend Elisabeth Fekonia, accredited permaculture teacher from Permaculture Realfood, Friday 9 October to learn how to make fermented condiments in your own kitchen. Be sure to schedule it in the diary and pre-prep your ingredients.
You will be making:
- Nuka doca - The basis for this ferment is roasted rice bran but wheat bran will do.
- Cucumber kimchi
- Fermented raisin chutney
- Vegan camembert cheese
- Fermented Polenta Fingers
- Fermented Water Kefir
- Milk Kefir
Follow the full recipes to pre-prep your ingredients to make fabulous fermented goodies.
Sunshine Coast Libraries members have loaned fermenting foods titles 1,814 times!
Reserve these ripper reads and collect from your local library:
- The probiotic kitchen: more than 100 delectable, natural, and supplement-free probiotic and prebiotic recipes by Kelli C. Foster
- Kombucha, kefir and beyond: a fun and flavourful guide to fermenting your own probiotic beverages at home by Alex Lewin
- The farmhouse culture guide to fermenting: crafting live-cultured foods and drinks with 100 recipes from kimchi to kombucha by Kathryn Lukas
- Fermentation revolution: 70 easy, healthy recipes for sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi and more by Sebastien Bureau
- Kombucha, kefir & natural sodas: a simple guide to creating your own by Nina Lausecker
Top 5 eBooks
Libraries love these fermenting foods eBooks:
- Homemade Yogurt and Kefir: 71 Recipes for Making & Using Probiotic-Rich Ferments by Gianaclis Caldwell
- Kombucha and Kimchi: how Probiotics and Prebiotics Can Improve Brain Function by Soki Choi
- Kombucha: Healthy recipes for naturally fermented tea drinks by Louise Avery
- Ferment Your Vegetables: A Fun and Flavorful Guide to Making Your Own Pickles, Kimchi, Kraut and More by Amanda Feifer
- Fermented vegetables: Easy and Delicious Fermented Vegetable Recipes for Better Digestion and Health by Amanda Hopkins
Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Top 5 eMagazines
Libraries love these foodie eMagazines:
- Australian Womens Weekly Food
- Easy Meals
- Eat Well
- Vegetarian Today
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.