Are your tastebuds craving something exotic?
So, restaurant dining is out for now but that doesn’t mean you have to break the budget with deliveries to get you fix of your favourite international cuisine! Sunshine Coast Libraries have all the tools you need to cook up a storm without leaving home with recipes from anywhere in the world to satisfy those exotic food cravings. Travel the world through your tastebuds with these tantalising tips:
- Check out the SBS Food where recipes state their country of origin before their name – Destination Flavour China looks delicious!
- Get the kids involved in the journey with this great eBook: Little kitchen around the world by Sabrina Parrini with recipes especially written for 8-12 year olds!
- Find recipes from any country in the world with World Trade Press – A to Z World Food: Spice up your life with traditional recipes from 174 countries. Explore national and regional cuisines, daily meals, dining etiquette and special occasion foods. Sign in with your member number.
- Go nuts on flavour in the food section at ABC’s Life with recipes, tips and tricks galore.
- Salivate over the 33 ethnic cuisines showcased in World Trade Press – A to Z Food America. Sign in with your member number.
- Take your cooking obsession further and look into Cooking School or Culinary Schools.org
- Follow Aussie cook Maggie Beer on Instagram or Facebook with her new video cooking series: Cooking with Maggie.
So, if your family is over the same old boring meals or Uber Eats is not your cup of tea, why not break out the apron and whip up this week’s menu that takes everyone’s tastebuds on a whirlwind journey around the globe!
Not a member? Join online to access all the eLibrary content.
Exotic cooking eBooks
Asian delights, Europe awaits, South American eats and more! Get your ticket to travel internationally with these amazing exotic flavours cooking ebooks.
- Vietnamese Street Food by Tracey Lister
- Japanese homestyle cooking: quick and delicious favorites by Susie Donald
- Nong’s Thai Kitchen: 84 recipes that are quick, healthy & delicious by Nongkran Daks
- French Food Safari by Maeve O’Meara and Guillaume Brahimi
- Rick Stein's Mediterranean escapes by Rick Stein
- Turkish flavours by Sevtap Yuce
- Four seasons pasta: a year of inspired recipes in the Italian tradition by Janet Fletcher
- South American Grill: Feasts from Brazil to Patagonia by Rachael Lane
- Turquoise: a chef’s travels in Turkey by Greg Malouf
- Sri Lankan flavours by Channa Dassanayaka
- Real tastes of Indonesia by Rose Prince
- Complete Middle Eastern Cookbook by Tess Mallos
Take these simple eBook steps to access more exotic cooking ebooks. Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers, RBDigital and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Exotic cooking eAudiobooks
Food, Glorious Food! Enjoy these cooking inspired eAudiobooks.
- Hungry by Jeff Gordinier A food critic chronicles four years spent traveling with René Redzepi, the renowned chef of Noma, in search of the most tantalizing flavours the world has to offer.
- Julie & Julia by Julie Powell Julie Powell cooks her way through Julia Child’s legendary cookbook. Hear how it changed her life!
- Arise, Sir Jamie Oliver: the biography by Stafford Hildred The intimate story behind the devoted husband and father of two, television celebrity, political animal, and talented chef.
Borrow up to 30 eAudiobooks on your device. To get started, download the: ePlatform RBDigital and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Cooking documentaries on Kanopy
Sit back and relax with these cooking documentaries that sure to fire up the tastebuds.
- Soul food junkies: a film about family, food and tradition.
- Islam – a thousand and one nights of cooking.
- Aztecs and the roots of Mexican cooking.
Set up a Kanopy account to access more films for free. First time customer - select "Add Library Card" and enter your member number and password. Create a Kanopy account, then verify your email address. Repeat customers - login to Kanopy using your email and Kanopy password.
Browse these fantastic eMagazine titles for inspiring recipes to kick-start your own exotic tastebuds oddessy.
- Gourmet Traveller
- Nourish Magazine
- Super Food Ideas
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBDigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password
Learn cooking online
Plate up and take a stunning pic of your dish with the help of these great online learning opportunities. Now that you are cooking all this brilliant food you have to share the results with friends and family right? Pics to make the mouth water! Explore these great food photography courses with Lynda.com.
- Learning Food and Drink Photography
- Food and Tabletop
- Creative Food Photography
Learn online with Lynda.com, an online learning platform for students, general community and business to learn or upskill in software, creative and business skills. Tutorials in five languages are taught by recognised industry experts. First time customers must create a Lynda.com profile and select Sunshine Coast Regional Council. Repeat customers, sign in with your Lynda.com user name and password. App available.
Love travel and love to eat? Well we can’t get you out the country right now but we can take you on a food journey to delight! Take a trip to France with this Peter Kuruvita recipe for Apple Tarte Tatin then take it further with our Exotic Tastebuds program.