Nothing beats a decadent dessert. Sweet, sugar filled comfort food. Perhaps your favourite is a warm sticky date pudding, New York cheesecake, tiramisu or even the humble apple pie.
Growing up, many of our birthday cakes were inspired by the Women’s Weekly children’s birthday cookbook. Memories of backyard parties with elaborate homemade cakes shaped as trains, swimming pools, fairy castles and Dolly Vardons.
Libraries own copies of the reprinted 1980s cookbook and many more recipe books filled with delicious, yummy inspiration.
Bake up a storm with these recipe eBooks:
- Easy buttercream cake designs: learn how to pipe ruffles and other patterns with buttercream icing by Fiona Pearce
- Martha Stewart’s Cakes: our first-ever book of bundts, loaves, layers, coffee cakes and more by Martha Stewart Living
- 100 best cakes and desserts by Gabriel Gate.
To get started download the cloudLibary and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
To get started using free eMagazines download the Libby app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Cake inspired eAudiobooks for your ears
- Cherry Slice by Jennifer Stone
- Les Norton and the case of the talking pie crusty by Robert G. Barrett
- Wartime brides and wedding cakes by Amy Miller
- Cooking the books by Kerry Greenwood
To get started, download the BorrowBox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go to these podcasts for foodies
- Radio cherry bombe with Kerry Diamond
- What I eat when by Mamamia
- A plate to call home with Gary Mehigan
- Dirty linen with Dani Valent
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
On the web
Check out more recipes from these dessert legends
- Desserts and Baking recipes | Donna Hay
- Dessert recipes | Women’s Weekly Food
- 26 desserts inspired by Aussie classics | delicious
- Nigella’s baking recipes | Nigella Lawson
Love the program? Complete the online survey.