You have done it all – mid-century modern, Hamptons, Scandinavian, Classic Country. Want to try something new? Rejuvenate with a DIY home décor that says something special.
Enter eclectic style. It is perfect for the individualist, traveller, storyteller and all-rounder. No themes, no restrictions. Just freestyle and original. Find out more below about your 'you' style makeover below.
Features of eclectic style:
- choose items from your personal story
- experiment with rugs, lighting, artwork and ornamentation
- highlight a focal point but practice scale and symmetry (also known as restraint and wisdom)
- try different styles in the one room
- incorporate unique pieces
- combine the unexpected
Lift your mood and love your life with this DIY Eclectic style for your home décor.
Do on online flick with these eBooks:
- Rescue, Restore, Redecorate: Amy Howard's Guide to Refinishing Furniture and Accessories by Amy Howard
- Furniture Makeovers: Simple Techniques for Transforming Furniture with Paint, Stains, Paper, Stencils, and More by Barb Blair
- Good Clean Fun: Misadventures in Sawdust at Offerman Woodshop by Nick Offerman
- Guerilla Furniture Design: How to Build Lean, Modern Furniture with Salvaged Materials by Will Holman
- Modern Upcycling: A User-Friendly Guide to Inspiring and Repurposed Handicrafts for a Trendy Home by Susanna Zacke
Get inspired with these eMagazines:
To get started using free eMagazines download the Libby app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
On the web
Listen on the go with these self-publishing podcasts and episodes:
- Carter’s Price Guide to Antiques
- 15 Eclectic Design and Home Décor Ideas
- A Misunderstood Style: Interior Designers on what really makes an eclectic space
- DIY Home Decorating
Love the program? Complete the online survey.