2021 is the perfect time to review the last 10 years of accumulated homewares and décor.
Budget-based DIY makeovers can be exciting projects as you challenge yourself to overcome style limitations with cleverness and creativity. Besides, who does not love the optimism of a home makeover?
Whether you are settling in, moving on or getting to work on creating the new you, DIY home décor can end your year with a rewarding home reno.
Country style evokes steaming cups of tea, rustic timber, soft wool furnishings and cosy spaces filled with love and laughter.
This style can vary depending on where you are from – imagine the English cottage, the French farmhouse, Tuscan country villa or Australian homestead.
Top five features of country style to get you started:
- Upcycled timber furniture
- Neutral backdrops and colour schemes with whites and creams
- Handmade decorative items
- Imperfection - scratches and scrapes and signs of age are welcome
- Practicality - you don’t see things in a farmhouse that are there just for the sake of it.
- Lift your mood with this DIY country style guide for a home décor refresh.
Browse these timeless country style eBooks:
- Wood Pallet Wonders: 20 stunning DIY storage and décor designs made from reclaimed pallets by Samantha Hartman
- Good Clean Fun: Misadventures in sawdust at Offerman woodshop by Nick Offerman
- Love The Home You Have: Simple ways to embrace your style *get organised” delight in where you are by Melissa Michaels
To get started, download the ePlatform and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Libraries love these country style makeover eMagazines:
- Australian Country
- Australian Country Homes
- Elle Decoration Country
- Country Style
- Country Living
- Real Homes
- Home & Décor
To get started reading free eMagazines, download the Libby app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
On the web
Check out these links for country design ideas and collectibles:
- Carter’s Price Guide to Antiques
- 5 interior design tips to create a modern country home | Country Living
- Decorating on a Budget: 5 ways to refresh using items you already own | Home Beautiful.
- Country Collectibles on Facebook
- Country Style Magazine on Pinterest
Love the program? Complete the online survey.