If you were one of the 82 million households worldwide who tuned in to watch Bridgerton on Netflix, then you are probably waiting with bated breath for series two.
With its beautiful stars and ornate costumes, this drama-soaked series has captured the scandal lover in many of us. So recline on the chaise lounge, brew yourself some tea and enjoy some 18th century inspired titles to fill the Bridgerton void.
Library members have loaned 18th century British-themed items 25,167 times. Discover a broad range of Regency era titles to binge on.
Recline on the chaise lounge with one of these eBooks:
- First Comes Scandal: Rokesbys Series by Julia Quinn
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- 1788: The Brutal Truth of the First Fleet by David Hill
- In the Shadow of Croft Towers by Abigail Wilson
- A Duke Walked into a House Party: a duet of previously published Regency novellas by Grace Burrowes
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Pour some tea and enjoy these eMagazines:
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Retire to your chamber and listen to these eAudiobooks:
- First Comes Scandal: A Bridgertons prequel by Julia Quinn
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Last Letter Home by Rachel Hore X
- The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
To get started, download the BorrowBox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Watch some more British drama with these DVDs:
- At home with the Georgians by Amanda Vickery
- Jane Austen’s Sanditon X
- The Duchess
- The Favourite
- Downton Abbey
Get romantic on the lounge and stream these classic eMovies on Beamafilm:
First time customer, select Add Library Card and enter your member number and password. Create a Beamafilm account, then verify your email address.
Listen on the go with these Bridgerton themed podcasts:
- Bridgerton Podcast by Mary and Blake Media
- Bridgerton: Ripping up the rulebook on Regency romance by Hannah Greig
- Bridgerton Fancast
- What would Danbury Do? by Rudi Bremer, Kate Cuthbert and Adele Walsh
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
More fun facts about Bridgerton and the British Regency and Georgian eras:
- Your guide to the incredible real-life locations seen in Bridgerton | Vogue Living
- Bridgerton features 7,500 glorious costume pieces | Harpers Bazaar
- An introduction to Georgian England (1714-1837) | English Heritage
- What to expect from Bridgerton season two, based on the novels | Vulture
Love the program? Complete the online survey.