Australian’s love Asian food. We are a diverse country with a flair for different flavours and cuisines. Asian style cooking is a regular in many homes. Do you love pad Thai noodles, fried rice, or even a good old-fashioned stir fry?
If you are seeking inspiration for this weeks dinner, then a new recipe might give you the flavour burst you are seeking. Chinese, Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese or Japanese – the choice of fusion is yours. Ditch the take-away menus, grab your chopsticks and dig into some Asian recipes.
Library members have loaned Asian food items 6,401 times! Learn how to cook up a storm at home with these cookbooks.
Break out the wok and get cooking with these eBooks:
- From China to Vietnam: a food journey along the Mekong River by Luke Nguyen
- The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon
- Why the Chinese don’t count calories by Lorraine Clissold
- The China study cookbook: over 120 whole food, plant-based recipes by LeAnne Campbell
To get started, download the ePlatform and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Work up a hunger with these foodie eMagazines:
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen anywhere, anytime to food inspired titles with these eAudiobooks:
- East of Croydon: blunderings through India and South East Asia by Sue Perkins
- Food Rules: an eater’s manual by Michael Pollan
- The Chef by James Patterson
- A taste for it by Monica McInerney
To get started, download the BorrowBox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Get inspired with these Asian food DVDs:
- Destination flavour Singapore
- Luke Nguyen’s street food Asia
- Luke Nguyen’s Greater Mekong series one
- Cooks Asia
- Destination flavour Japan
Work up an appetite listening to these foodie podcasts:
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
Find out what you need to start cooking:
- 10 of the best Asian recipes that’ll take your tastebuds on a tour of the tasty | Now to love
- 40 Asian-inspired recipes that can be cooked in a flash | delicious
- The must-have Asian pantry staples for your kitchen | Gourmet Traveller
- 40 easy noodle recipes | Goodfood
Love the program? Complete the online survey.