Book the studio online.
From 1 July 2021 the following hire fees apply:
- Community use - $55 inc. GST per 2-hour session*
- Commercial use - $154 inc. GST per 2-hour session.
*Community users will receive 3 x free 2-hour studio sessions as an introductory offer during the 2021/2022 financial year only.
Community use includes:
- Community groups and organisations
- Not-for-profit or charitable organisations, excluding Government entities.
- Sunshine Coast Libraries members, not representing commercial organisations
- Sunshine Coast Council.
Commercial use includes:
- Commercial organisations
- Individuals representing commercial organisations, including Libraries members
- Other Local, State and Commonwealth Government entities
The hire fee must be paid more than 24 hours prior to the start time of the session.
To cancel or reschedule a booking contact Sunshine Coast Libraries.
Phone: (07) 5475 8989
When rescheduling a booking, times and dates are subject to availability.
Note: From 1 July 2021, cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the session start time, or non-attendance, will result in forfeit of the hire fee.
All bookings must comply with the following terms:
• The hirer must be an adult Sunshine Coast Libraries member, or join for free online.
• The hirer must complete this mandatory Online Studio Induction.
• The hirer must agree to and comply with all podcast studio Terms and conditions of use.
Studio sessions can be booked in 2 ¼ hour blocks, including:
• 15 minutes – check-in, housekeeping and emergency information
• 2 hours – recording time, saving files and pack down.
Monday - Friday: 9.30am, 12.00pm, 2.30pm
The podcast studio is unavailable outside of library opening hours, on weekends or public holidays.
• Daily – Hirers can book ONE studio session per day
• Weekly – Hirers can book a maximum of TWO sessions per week.
The Podcast Studio is only available for Sunshine Coast Libraries members.
Sunshine Coast Libraries operate under the Queensland Government COVID-19 guidelines. The podcast studio has a maximum capacity of 2 people at any one time.
The podcast studio is located at Kawana Library – 30 Nanyima St, Buddina QLD 4575.
Kawana Library is open from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 1pm Saturday.
There are three options for saving your recordings:
1. You can record insert a microSD card that you have brought into the back of the mixer and record directly to the card (other types of data storage are NOT compatible with the mixer, microSD only can be inserted).
2. Record to the studio PC using the Audacity software and save your session to an external storage device or cloud storage service that you have access to.
3. Advanced option: If you have recording software you may bring your own laptop and record from the mixer into your laptop. Library staff cannot assist you setting up recording software to work with the studio equipment, so a thorough understanding of your software is required.
Data storage: Libraries recommend a quality microSD card (16GB minimum capacity) as the preferred type of file storage. A microSD card will fit into both the mixer and card reader.
Card Reader: There is a card reader located on the desk that is connected to the PC. It can be used to save recordings via the PC software to – microSD, SD card, USB memory stick or external USB hard drive.
NOTE: All documents, logins and other data will be automatically cleared/wiped at the end of a studio session. Libraries cannot be held responsible for any lost data. Libraries do not supply or sell microSD cards or other storage devices.
The hire is for the podcast studio use only. No formal technical support is provided by Libraries or Council staff during the studio session. Basic operational support may be offered by library staff, on request and if they are available.
StoryCast Studios has everything you need to get recording, including:
• RODECaster Pro podcast production mixer/interface
• 3 x RODE Podmic microphones
• 1 x RODE Procaster microphone
• 3 x Audio Technica ATH-M40x monitor headphones
• 1 x Sennheiser HD280 Pro monitor headphones
• 2 x RODE adjustable mic arms
• 2 x desktop mic stands
• SD/microSD card and USB reader
• Dell computer mounted under desk with monitor on adjustable arm
• Access to free Audacity multi-track audio editing software
• Access to free RODECaster Pro Companion App software
• 2 x sit-stand adjustable height desks
• 4 x adjustable height swivel chairs on wheels
• Wall-mounted Samsung 32" TV screen for displaying images
• Free public WiFi available.
Before you are granted access to the studio, the Online Studio Induction training module needs to be completed.
There is also a Studio Operation Quick Guide folder located in the studio, detailing how to use the equipment.
Subscribe to Libraries eNews to receive email updates on upcoming workshops and events.
Yes – the equipment is compatible with most laptops mobile and tablet devices. The studio equipment allows connections via USB, Bluetooth and TRRS cable. Other equipment such as microphones and headphones can be brought in, however the studio must be returned to its original state before the end of your session.
Refer to the full podcast studio Terms and conditions of use for more information.
COVID-19 check-in is required at all Sunshine Coast Libraries.
A maximum of 2 people are allowed in the studio at any time to comply with Queensland government COVID-19 safety requirements.
Council has a regular cleaning schedule for all meeting rooms and the podcast studio in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and Health authorities.