The Library Book Stork Delivery Service volunteers support the library service by ensuring that new parents in the community who are not able to easily visit the library in person, are still able to receive library materials on a regular basis.
Library Book Stork Delivery volunteers play an important role by:
- selecting age-appropriate early literacy and family materials for home service customers
- delivering items
- collecting items and returning them to the library.
Library Book Stork Delivery Service volunteers will:
- have or apply for a Blue Card
- hold a current driver’s licence and have their own transport
- have excellent communication skills and enjoy social interaction
- have empathy for families with young children have integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- be reliable
- have the physical fitness and ability to undertake safe manual handling practices
- be available to work approximately two (2) hours per delivery period.
*It is a requirement for a Library Book Stork Delivery Service volunteer to hold or apply for a Qld Blue Card and Advise a Third-Party form as part of the volunteer process.