Book Clubs are a great way to discover new authors and promote a love of literature. Sunshine Coast Libraries has a collection of over 600 titles available for book clubs to borrow.
Book Clubs make an annual payment of $100 each financial year. The next annual $100 Book Club membership fee is due on the 1 July 2021.
All funds go directly into purchasing new titles exclusive for the use of book clubs. Book Club members can make suggestions for purchases at any time of the year. New book club titles are purchased in sets of eight. These sets can only be reserved and borrowed by Book Clubs.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local library for more information regarding Book Clubs.
If you need help getting eBooks on your device, contact the eLibrary helpdesk.
Starting a Book Club
Friends, neighbours and workmates are the best place to start. A great group size is around eight members.
Once you have nominated a book club coordinator and chosen a name for your club you can decide on a meeting time and location.
More information on starting a Book Club.
- Visit your local library to register your new Book Club.
- Pay an annual fee of $100 per club by logging onto your Book Club account, select Charges and use the pay charges option.
- One week before your meeting, reserve your next book club title through the library catalogue.
- Reserve a title that is 'available'. Make sure that your reserve has not been placed on an item that is still on loan, or on order as it may not arrive in time for your next meeting.
- The book club set will be transferred to the library of your choice and you will be notified when it arrives.
- Book club sets can be borrowed for six weeks. Book Clubs can briefly have two sets on loan at the same time, to allow you to borrow and distribute the next title at your meeting.
Book Club eNews
Join the book club eNews for information, news and events all about book clubs.
Book Club titles
Finding the right book for your book club to read isn’t as daunting as it may seem at first.
The best place to start is the book club collection in the library catalogue.
From here you can easily select and reserve the title your book club is interested in reading, and it will be sent to your chosen library for your book club to collect.
Information on how to reserve book club titles.
New Book Club Titles
Book Club titles purchased in 2021.
Book Club Collection by Author
Brief guide to titles sorted by author as at May 2021.