Sunshine Coast Libraries has a collection of over 500 titles for book clubs to select from.
Each book club makes an annual payment of $100 and all the funds go directly into purchasing new titles for the exclusive use of book clubs. Suggestions for purchases can be made at any time of the year by book club members. Staff also research books that reflect industry trends and are most likely to appeal to book clubs.
New book club titles are purchased in sets of eight and these book club sets can only be reserved and borrowed by book clubs.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local library for more information regarding book clubs.
Start a virtual book club
Why not move your book club online with RBDigital eBooks? With RBDigital eBooks, each member of your book club can download a copy of the same title to read at the same time.
To use eBooks you will need a personal library membership. Not a member yet? Join online.
How to get RBDigital eBooks
- Download the RBDigital app from your app store.
- Follow the instructions for Register Now.
- Select Sunshine Coast Council.
- Fill out the Library Information form.
- To login to the RBDigital app select Australia and enter your email.
- Enter your password and login.
- Select any eBook as they are all available for simultaneous borrowing.
If you need help getting eBooks on your device, contact the eLibrary helpdesk.
Book club eNews
Join the book club eNews for information, news and events all about book clubs.
Start a book club
Friends, neighbours and workmates are the best place to start. A great group size is around eight members.
Once you have nominated a book club coordinator and chosen a name for your club you can decide on a meeting time and location.
- Visit your local library and fill in a membership form.
- Pay an annual fee of $100 per club by logging onto your Book Club account, select Charges and use the Pay charges option.
- One week before your meeting, reserve your next book club title through the library catalogue.
- Reserve a title that is Available. Make sure that your reserve has not been placed on an item that is still on loan, or on order as it may not arrive in time for your next meeting.
- The book club set will be transferred to the library of your choice and you will be notified when it arrives.
- Book club sets can be borrowed for six weeks. Book clubs can briefly have two sets on loan at the same time, to allow you to borrow and distribute the next title at your meeting.
Book club titles
Finding the right book for your book club to read isn’t as daunting as it may seem at first.
The best place to start is the book club collection in the library catalogue.
From here you can easily select and reserve the title your book club is interested in reading, and it will be sent to your chosen library for your book club to collect. Information on how to reserve book club titles.
New Book Club Titles
Book club titles purchased in 2020.
Book Club Collection by Author
Brief guide to titles sorted by author as at September 2020.