The Digital Author Project is an innovative initiative by Sunshine Coast Libraries that supports authors in our community.
A short online video is created by Sunshine Coast Libraries for authors who participate in the Digital Author Project. The video is uploaded onto the Sunshine Coast Libraries YouTube channel, added to the library website and is sent out on Facebook. Authors are welcome to use the final video in their own online marketing and promotion.
Information about the process
- Libraries film and edit using the latest version of iPad.
- The editing software used is Pinnacle Studio Pro.
- Filming takes approximately 5 - 10 minutes.
- The final product is a short film approximately one minute duration.
- Filming location is at Maroochydore Library (including background library sounds).
- During filming the videographer asks the author questions about the inspiration for their book.
These are the types of questions that the videographer will ask during filming. Not all points will be filmed or responses captured in the final production.
- Where and when is the novel set and what is the story about?
- What was the inspiration for the book?
- Favourite moments and characters.
- Major themes or lessons in the book or your work in general.
- Be prepared to do a reading of your favourite paragraph.
If you are an author and would like to be involved, express your interest. Contact the Library Programs and Marketing team via email or call (07) 5475 8989.