Taking the plunge to change jobs or career paths is a big step. If the decision has been made for you through redundancy or corporate restructure, it can be even more daunting. It is difficult to look at yourself and be objective, to know how to sell yourself without sounding arrogant. The job market is competitive and you need to be prepared to put in the hard work to ensure you get ahead of the other applicants and put yourself on top of the list.
Learn how to create a relevant Resume / C.V. (curriculum vitae) that showcases your past achievements and qualifications and ensure your application addresses the key criteria. Or perhaps your interview technique could do with some polishing. Whatever your concerns, libraries have many great resources to assist you in becoming prepared.
Invest in yourself by setting goals and find the success you are looking for. Upskill your personal development through an online Learn and Technology tutorial and be the best applicant to get that job.
Start using LinkedIn Learning
Login with your library membership number and password. Or download the LinkedIn Learning app and click on "Sign in with your library card" and type "sunshinecoastlibraries" at the end of the url.
Library customers have borrowed career and job titles 140,549 times. Borrow one of these great titles and get ahead of the game.
Improve career prospects and upskill with Learn and Technology Tutorials:
- thecomputerschool.net - Tutorials from beginners to advanced on computers, tablets, smartphones, smartTV, social media and digital photography. Sign in with your library membership number.
Libraries love these eBooks:
- The Calling: 3 fundamental shifts to stay true, get paid and do good by Rha Goddess
- #ENTRYLEVELBOSS: A 9-step guide for finding a job you like (and actually getting hired to do it) by Alexa Shoen
- NLP for Leadership: Leverage NLP to develop the same psychology and skills as the exceptional leaders for better decision-making, a clear vision, more courage and self-leadership by Jonathan Slane
- Choose to Win: Transform your life, one simple choice at a time by Tom Ziglar
- Don’t keep your day job: How to turn your passion into your career by Cathy Heller
To get started download the cloudLibrary and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Listen anywhere, anytime with these eAudiobooks:
- Career to Calling by Annie Stewart
- The Squiggly Career: The no.1 Sunday Times business bestseller- ditch the ladder, discover opportunity, design your career by Helen Tupper
- Success is Not Enough: Eight essential practices for finding meaning in work and life by Douglas J. Holladay
- The 7 Second CV: How to land the interview.
To get started, download the BorrowBox and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these podcasts:
- She Mentors Podcast
- Happen to Your Career Podcast (Spotify podcasts)
- 48 Days to the Work You Love with Dan Miller (Spotify podcasts).
Search for these free podcast titles from your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.